We understand that you’re busy, and keeping a constant eye on your translation project is just another task that you don’t have time for. To minimize your efforts while at the same time keeping you informed about and involved in the work of your translators, some language service providers (LSPs) are using a specialized cloud-based translation management software.
The translation management software is often called a translation management system and is a tool that can be used by LSPs but also by any other company or institution that often needs to translate its materials. It helps to automate the process and often cuts down on costs, time, and effort while leading to a smoother translation process and much better results.
What is a translation management software?
If you are not familiar with the term translation management software, there are a few things to know before buying such a system. The main goal of the translation management software is to automate the overall translation process by ensuring that repeated and non-essential work is automatically processed, while the creative part of the translation is left to the professionals.
The tool helps to optimize the translation workflow and guarantees consistency of all translated texts regardless of the language or vendor. The translation management software is quite useful in case you:
- Are an LSP who works with multiple clients who have repeated and/or large projects
- Are a company who often uses translation services. Having an integrated translation management system can be very helpful in case you may need to change the translation provider.
The software is compatible with other tools and is often integrated with machine translation software or content management tools.
Translation management software features
When it comes to choosing the best translation management software, there are several factors that play a significant role in the selection process. It is a good idea to gather together all the interested parties who would be using the software and get their opinion about it. Evaluating the needs of everyone will allow you to shortlist the features that you must have and those that may not play such an important role in the process.
To qualify as a good translation management system, the software should possess the following features:
- Automated translation process
- Computer-assisted tools (CAT) or machine translation tools
- Centralized multi-lingual content
- Availability of visual context
- Tools to analyze the translation quality
- Publishing tools
- Communication tools to facilitate communication between translators, administrators, project managers, and other employees
- Tools that enable you to target specific languages/audiences
These are some of the specific features that make the translation management software quite useful and at the same time easy to use.
What are the benefits of the cloud?
When selecting a translation management software, it is better to choose one that is based in the cloud. This option will give you additional benefits and will be highly appreciated by both your partners, clients, and team members. Regardless of the subject of your translation – technical documents, educational materials or medical documentation, the process needs to run smoothly.
A cloud-based translation management software allows you to:
- View translations in real-time
- Track the progress of all your projects within a single, easy-to-use platform
- Access your translation memories and terminology at any given time
- Contribute to a dialog with your professional translators, editors and proofreaders
- Participate in a review of your translations on the cloud
- Integrate with your content management system (CMS)
- Choose your level of involvement throughout the translation process
All of these elements are beneficial to all parties in the translation process and guarantee the high quality of the translation. It also secures a
Why do you need to optimize your translation management software?
If you are still wondering whether you need to optimize your translation management software or not, below you will find a handful of reasons why your old system needs to be updated and upgraded:
- It is quite complicated to share files
- The file types have become almost irrelevant and not compatible with the rest of your tools
- The workflow is not flexible enough and it is hard to adapt it to your needs
- It is difficult to ensure collaboration between all of the parties taking part in the translation process
- It takes time to ensure the consistency of your materials
- The machine translation tools are outdated and their output is not of sufficiently quality
In case you are experiencing even one or more of these problems, it is time to consider a new translation management software. The new system will guarantee faster results with less effort. It will also save you money in the long run and ultimately improve the quality of your translations.
Before you decide to buy a new translation management software, it is a good idea to research the market well and choose the system that best suits your needs and goals. Opt for a tool that offers a free testing period during which you can make sure that your choice is the right one.
Meantime, if you are looking for the right translation partner, ICD Translation is ready to assist you with any language or service that you need. Our cloud-based translation management system guarantees that you will enjoy a smooth translation process of the highest possible quality.