The industry of e-learning is constantly changing and evolving and if you want to remain one of the top service providers you need to grow along with it. No doubt, the best way to develop your knowledge is by learning from the experience of your peers and sharing your own insights too. An e-learning event is the best way to achieve all that. If the event is held abroad, it gives you broader opportunities for networking, which makes it worth the travel.
There is no better way to realize the importance of e-learning localization, for example, than emerging in the local culture of the country you are targeting. How can you as a professional use the principles of mobile learning, if you are not mobile yourself?
If you are already convinced that you will visit a few international e-learning events in 2018, the list below may help you choose the most important ones for you.
5 Interesting E-Learning Events to Attend in the First Half of 2018
Here are five e-learning events, that are worth traveling to this year. The only order used for their ranking is the date, so feel free to mark the most important one(s) for you.
- The Art of: Knowledge Management, Learning & Communication, February 22, 2018, Melbourne, Australia
The one-day forum is organized by Knowledge Management Australia and aims to bring together experts in the field to share their insights on the topic. The issues of knowledge management, learning and communication will be presented through various case studies. You will learn new strategies how best to implement them in practice and why it is important to keep them interrelated and not separate. Check the event website for more details about registration and participation.
- INTED2018 – The 12th Annual Technology, Education And Development Conference, March 5-7, 2018, Valencia, Spain
The conference is three days, which enlarges your opportunity to dive into a multicultural and enriching atmosphere. The event is for those professionals, researchers and lecturers in the e-learning sphere, who would like to share their experience with technology and development. The conference is usually attended by more than 700 delegates from 80 different countries, so if you want to be one of them, make sure to register on their website.
- ICEL 2018 : 20th International Conference on e-Learning, March 15-16, 2018, London, United Kingdom
The goal of this event is to provide opportunity for academic scientists, researchers and research scholars to get together and share their knowledge and experience related to all the different aspects of e-learning. The two-day conference is an excellent platform to exchange ideas, learn new technologies and discover the latest tendencies in the industry. If you want to submit your paper, make sure to follow the recommendations and deadlines, published on the conference website.
- 4th EAI International Conference on e-Learning e-Education and Online Training, April 5-7, 2018, Shanghai, China
The event is part of a series of conferences endorsed by the European Alliance for Innovation (EAI) and aim to support e-learning professional growth and develop further interest in the matter. The focus of the conference will be on engaging the students. The topics covered include blended learning, mobile learning, collaborative learning and social networks, student engagement, virtual learning environments and many more. Check the event website to get a better idea of the highlights of this year’s edition or to learn more about the previous events.
- 14th International Conference on Mobile Learning, April 14-16, 2018, Lisbon, Portugal
If you want to find out the latest developments and trends in mobile learning, this event should be marked in bold on your calendar. The conference is research-based and quite tech oriented with main presenters from leading universities around the globe. The keynote speaker will be Professor Chee-Kit Looi, Learning Sciences & Technologies Academic Group Founding Head, Learning Sciences Lab, Nanyang Technological University (NIE/NTU), Singapore. The sooner you register for the conference, the lower your fee will be, so make sure to check the details available on the website.
The International E-Learning Association Events
The events organized by the International E-Learning Association are also a source for enriching your knowledge and skills. The international conferences organized by the Association focus on various topics and issues from the sphere of e-learning. Currently, there are four forthcoming events published on their site, one of which is in the USA:
- REV: International Conference on Remote Engineering and Virtual Instrumentation
March 21-23, 2018, Dusseldorf, Germany
- ICELW: International Conference on E-Learning in the Workplace
June 13-15, 2018, New York, USA
- ICL: International Conference on Interactive Collaborative Learning
September 26-28, 2018, Kos, Greece
- IMCL: International Conference on Interactive Mobile Communication, Technologies, and Learning
October 11-12, 2018, Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
All E-Learning Events at a Glance
As you can imagine there are numerous e-learning events held both in the USA and abroad every month. Some of them are large international conferences and symposium that last for 2 or 3 days at least and attract hundreds of attendees, while others are smaller workshops that may be just couple of hours and are open for a limited number of people. Nevertheless, the size of these events is not what makes them important. It is the topic they focus on, since every professional needs additional information, training or inspiration in a certain field of the vast e-learning subject.
One of the ways to choose the best events to attend in 2018 is to keep track of all possibilities. Here are two sites that can help you:
- Conference Alerts is a useful site, where you can find all the e-learning events both in the USA and abroad that will be held in 2018. You can pick the ones you prefer and mark them on your calendar. The site allows you to find information about conferences on various topics. You can subscribe and receive notifications any time a new event is added. The site is useful for event organizers as well, since it allows you to register as organizer and post up to 20 events per year for free.
- WikiCFP is another site that can give you information about upcoming events in the e-learning industry. The site is specifically dedicated to the Call For Submission of Papers (CFP) for the various conferences and provides the deadline as well. There are many different categories of events that you can choose from on the side. There is an option to post your own call for papers as well.
Another way to keep track of the latest developments in the industry, beside attending events, is to follow certain e-learning blogs. This would give you an idea of what is happening in the sphere of e-learning and might inspire your next project.
Traveling to international e-learning events is an interesting way to learn new things and meet like-minded people from different countries. It is a great opportunity to meet your prospective partners and establish relationships that can be fruitful and profitable in the future.